The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/wife-wrote-but-now-since-i-sunk-to-reading-and-30358846.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bankrupt or try to 'gut it out'? Date:  11/3/2012  5:12 PM
Author:  aoeuid Number:  306278 of 312906

Wife wrote:

But now since I sunk to reading and posting on this to. I am now behind on all my duties in our house and with spending time with our precious blessings. So I am off of here and back to the things that count and I believe that it's not some forum.

signing off the wife

Husband says: She will be back. It is like a car wreck. It is next too impossible not to turn your head to it to see if there is any one hurt, if there is any blood.

So . . . . $1,400 this month. That is news to me. If she can NET 1,000 bucks per month - month after month, year after year . . . then I have hope. But, I guess I just got to get comfortable, with the uncomfortable (what her income will be). And try to control what I can control, my own personal spending and staying healthy so I can bring in the family's guaranteed income and health insurance.

I guess if and when we can't pay our bills . . . and we start getting those 'nasty-grams' (which I have NEVER got from a creditor EVER in my life), and getting behind on payments and then penalties and default rates come into the bleak picture . . . .THEN, at that time, I will find a good bankruptcy lawyer. I already started looking last week. I'm still waiting to hear back from two.

And over Christmas break, I will find a qualified debt counselor to sit down and talk with in a proactive manner.

Thanks all.

If you are the praying type and you happened to run out of something to pray about . . . we just gave you plenty! Grin.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us