The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Conservative Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-want-healthcare-i-want-condoms-i-want-30378941.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Working Class Date:  11/13/2012  2:31 PM
Author:  Ziege19 Number:  110885 of 176692

I want healthcare, I want condoms, I want abortions, I want food stamps, I want cell phones, and I want them now. And I want you to pay for them.

That's interesting, because what I've been hearing from the free marketeers for all my life is that everything should be privatized.

You get people like you and MadCapitalist yelling "Privatize everything!" This amounts to the private sector telling us, through you, their loyal operative, "We want it ALL. We want all of the land, all of the water, the oil, electricity and coal. We want the hospitals, the medicine and all of the health records. We want the finance industry, the banking sector, the ports, the schools, the airwaves, the bandwidth, the internet, telecommunications, the manufacturing sector, the mines, all of the production facilities. We want the mortgages, the farms, the fisheries, the textile mills, the transit system. We are private capital, and we want all of that, we want you to abandon all efforts to regulate what we do with it, and if you want any of it yourselves, it will be on our terms.

Anti-government American capitalists are in the running for the most lazy, entitled, manipulative class of human beings that have ever existed. But please, lecture the rest of us more about how everything in society should belong to them while we are naughty for wanting a public health system.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us