The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/continued-pay-discrimination-is-still-30381157.aspx

Subject:  Re: Dear GOP Date:  11/14/2012  3:54 PM
Author:  maracle Number:  34692 of 40196

Continued pay discrimination is still discrimination. I don't see why the first discriminatory act matters at all. If I pay someone less because they're a woman or minority today, that's not OK just because I did it for 10 years before today!

But as usual, the Republicans will not even acknowledge the problem. As far as they're concerned there is no pay gap, and there is no discrimination. They shouldn't feel "proud" to have voted against this remedy. They didn't have a better legislative alternative, their policy was the status quo, making it nearly impossible to address pay discrimination.

Of course it is a pity that we have only one party left these days. Having two proposed solutions to choose from, or a compromise, is usually for the best. Until the republicans find a way out of the fever swamp that's not going to happen.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us