The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / Recipes/Cooking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/alrightill-come-clean-on-this-topic-i-dont-30388372.aspx

Subject:  Re: anyone made mini pies? Date:  11/18/2012  2:34 PM
Author:  zoningfool Number:  54753 of 56409

Alright....I'll come clean on this topic. I don't like crust either....although I have learned to appreciate it more as I've grown older--and am now able to discern between a good crust (flaky, not greasy) and a no-so-good one (tough and burnt).

I think the trouble started when my father would bring home pies from a major area pie bakery (which supplied restaurants, hotels, grocery stores). The crust was always burnt along the top edges. Always. Almost black--but the fillings were simply incredible. I think I just automatically associated pie crust with that bitter burnt flavor that ruined the taste. Besides the filling is where most of the pie's flavor is. Sooo...I always would leave the crust on my plate. Only ate the filling. It's only within the last few years I've been brave enough to eat the crust too.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us