The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/similarly-when-obama-allows-states-to-waive-work-30389492.aspx

Subject:  Re: CFPB is answerable to no one. Date:  11/19/2012  9:56 AM
Author:  twopairfullhouse Number:  655939 of 882730

Similarly, when Obama allows states to waive work requirements that the 1996 welfare reform law explicitly made non-waivable, he evades the Constitution’s provision conferring a conditional presidential veto power — ignoring the law becomes preferable to a veto Congress can override.

I've mentioned this before. I read the law, and it's clear that Obama is clearly violating it, and the media went after Romney for having the b@lls to point it out. The world is turned upside-down.

The PA jackals are still bashing Romney. In a normal world, it would not be possible to blame someone who lost an election, but we're down the non-fracking rabbit hole with Alice, and nothing makes sense. In 2016, when we still haven't achieve 3% economic growth, and the number of people in poverty and on food stamps remains at an all-time high, I'm sure I'll read somewhere that it's Romney's fault.

I used to have respect for Democrats and the media. I think that time has passed.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us