The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/that-is-interesting-i-continue-to-learn-about-30392930.aspx

Subject:  Re: New Bicycles Date:  11/21/2012  3:07 AM
Author:  salaryguru Number:  46312 of 138324

That is interesting. I continue to learn about orange trees. I have found it difficult to find information specific to my trees. Obviously, you can't count on general information when your trees and mine are so different. I wonder how Florida oranges are different still.

Our naval oranges normally start producing near mid- to late- December. By April, the quality starts to drop off, but any fruit that doesn't drop in the wind is still really good until about May or June. The Naval trees don't hold their fruit very well once they ripen. Storms with much wind and/or rain starting around March or later cause significant orange drops from the Naval trees.

Our AZ Sweet oranges seem to be about a month or two behind the Navals.

We also have one really large Valencia tree that starts producing about February and holds onto it's fruit all year long.

I eat fresh oranges all year long, but I really look forward to Naval season because they produce exceptional fruit. The AZ Sweets are almost as good as the Navals and the Sweet trees hold their fruit a little bit better than the Navals. The Valencia fruit is not nearly as sweet. Valencias also have seeds. But they make really good juice and are pretty good to eat.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us