The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotdangnore-donkeysi-mean-if-there-is-30393208.aspx

Subject:  Re: Refining the 'narrative'......xmas.... Date:  11/21/2012  9:43 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  656306 of 882448

"Dang...nore donkeys....I mean, if there is no Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer,other flying reindeer, and the rest of the whole bit..... the whole holiday is shot." tele

I was just watching an Andrew Zimmern Bizarre Foods program on the Travel Channel the other day. Andrew was in Beijing and he and this young woman were eating at a donkey restaurant and Andrew was waxing poetic about how delicious the donkey meat was. Made me want to try donkey meat. He talked about how popular donkey meat is in China.

You can call Christmas Saturnalia or Winter Solstice or Hanukkah or Kwanza or Diwali or whatever the heck you want to.... it's all basically the same thing, the return of Sun, marking the shortest day of the year and the subsequent lengthening of daylight. A time to party and celebrate life.

We are so hung up on names and words make such a big deal about things when the truth is that it's the emotion and feelings and "idea" that counts. It's just a name, like the name of God. What you call "It" or "Him" is irrelevant. It's just a label. It's what it represents that's important.

It's like learning a different language, "this" means "this."

Art
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us