The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/lowstudent-wrote-if-society-is-doing-things-that-30396072.aspx

Subject:  Re: Evangelical leader reconsiders politics Date:  11/23/2012  1:17 PM
Author:  CCinOC Number:  656629 of 884695

lowstudent wrote: If society is doing things that are against what you believe should you not try to stop them?

No, you should not, in my opinion.

It's a far better use of the time and collective effort of a group of believers (in this case, believers in Christianity) to get them to focus on the CORE values of the religion on a one-on-one basis. That is, bring the people into the sanctuary and teach them what Christ says about and encourage them to live THEIR lives that way, not make a big stink about how OTHERS lives their lives.

I have enough trouble with the fact that I'm the worst Christian I've ever known. I can hardly tell anyone else what they should do. One thing I like about my church is that it's strictly and utterly apolitical, the emphasis being on each individual believer's relationship with God.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us