The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/we-watch-several-shows-on-hbo-until-they-get-30397682.aspx

Subject:  Re: Google Fiber Date:  11/24/2012  8:30 PM
Author:  sykesix Number:  46366 of 121279

We watch several shows on HBO. Until they get that ironed out we won't be using Google Fiber. We watch True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, Treme, and a few other shows on HBO. I especially like True Blood.

I've completely ditched cable and I watch everything either on Netflix or streamed from the network website, including all the shows you mentioned. The only real downside (which not a big downside for me) is that you have to wait until the shows are released on Netlix, or they are usually delayed by a day or so before they are available on line. That's not a problem for me, because If there is a series I like I enjoy sitting down and watching two or three episodes at a time.

For me, Google Fiber would be a big improvement on how I watch TV already, and it comes with a terabyte of cloud storage. The wife and I find that more and more we're just storing stuff like pictures and music in the cloud and accessing it from there. This could be pretty cool.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us