The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Apple User's Group

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-killed-calendar-30401404.aspx

Subject:  I killed Calendar! Date:  11/27/2012  2:11 PM
Author:  Tuni Number:  61534 of 71663

well almost....

all was fine until I got notice form iCloud that I could use it as e-mail addy instead of me.com. Made the changes as described on both DH's and my iMac preferences and accounts.

Since then I can't invite DH to any event. His name on the invitees shows a question mark whether I use DH@me.com, or DH@iCloud.com. i have checked address book, removed his card, retyped in the info for him.

I have gone to Library iCal.plist removed it and reopened the Calendar.

I have tried safe mode.

I have checked settings in preferencs,I have iCloud enabled, I have Calendar set to work within iCloud and Mac. I have gone to iCloud opened Calendar there and tried to invite him to events.

I also went to Utilities and repaired permissions.

Oh, I also went to Dropbox archive and reinstalled what I thought was the latest good version of the calendar - back a bit but not a problem. No joy there either.

I tried Time Machine too but it won't let me just replace Calendar tells me its part of OSx.

I do have one SuperDuper backup that's NOT up-to-date and may???? have a good version of Calendar but am not sure and, of course, it will take me back in time about a month since it will replace everything. I don't know if I can just segregate the Calendar from the SD backup and just replace that???? never tried just one application.....

I can't invite him either on my iPhone cause the phone syncs to the iMac and vice versa.

I can send an e-mail to his e-mail address inviting him but no invitations from me appear on his calendar anymore. :(

I'm out of ideas at this point....so came running for help. Have no idea what to try next. I guess I could try to re-install ML and then try to update everything but not sure if I should go that drastic route???

Could use some ideas here re. what else I can try...

thanks for any help.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us