The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltlthow-amusing-that-those-who-most-loudly-30401538.aspx

Subject:  Re: Galt's Gulch asks for government assistance Date:  11/27/2012  3:18 PM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  46402 of 138423

<<How amusing that those who most loudly champion "personal responsibility for your decisions" suddenly want to go back in time and take the benefits of commonality, even as they want to continue their segregated lifestyle at public expense. They made a choice. I'd be willing to allow them to change that choice, but it would have to be totally, completely,cand irrevocably. I wonder how many would accept that?>>

Oh, I don't find it at all surprising that people's principles are abandoned in the face of disaster. That's perfectly human.

Less understandable are those who have no principles and seek to game the system by using the government for private gain. That's one of the main reasons to prefer a small government. The number of vultures willing to exploit government for private gain seems limitless, as are their appetites.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us