The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltltquotyesterday-i-posted-the-story-about-30407153.aspx

Subject:  Re: India is a very strange place Date:  11/30/2012  1:50 PM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  46462 of 138177

<<"Yesterday I posted the story about Indians killing tens of thousands of falcons with large nets." - intercst

We just don't know what it is to be really poor. Reminds me of the line from the song "A wise man doesn't know what it is to be thick as a brick." In the same vein someone that lives in the United States and is wealthy just doesn't have a clue what it means and how it feels to be really poor.

When I read the article I was bothered by the idea of killing all those falcons, how we worship wild birds here, especially falcons and hawks and owls, but if I was really poor, and hungry, with no way to make money, I might be out there with nets doing the same exact thing. >>

I think Art proves he is wiser than intercst on this thread.

Our liberal friends take the righteousness for granted. But their environmentalist values amount to just another primitive form of animal worship. And their religious motivations blind them to the values others live by.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us