The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Landlord complete Form W-9 Date:  12/17/2012  5:56 PM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  117143 of 132523

My tenant thought this was a one-time thing. This is a new one on me, Form 1099 for rent. Can some one enlighten me?

Rents paid are reported on Form 1099-MISC, box 1. Presumably the rent is being paid by the church and not the individual.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us