The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Cars and Drivers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/im-really-beginning-to-hate-the-weather-beater-30443990.aspx

Subject:  I'm Really Beginning To Hate The Weather Beater Date:  12/20/2012  1:33 PM
Author:  Milligram46 Number:  11438 of 11862

I don't know, maybe its jealous the converted G8 sits in the garage all winter while it has to freeze.

The heated seat driver side no longer works - $600

CV boot torn - $275

Now the key fob no longer works. Normally this wouldn't be earth shattering but the only place I can put a key in the whole vehicle is the driver's door. Want to open the hatch - nope - can't. No key hole no button. The fob itself is fine and holds a program, so they think the BCM is going back - $500, if I'm lucky

Power sliding doors - works when the feel like it

Yup, the GM U-Body vans are truely "disposable." Currently 8 years old with 130K miles. I really, really, REALLY, need this weather beater to hold out until 2015. Of course the grocery list of issues fires up AFTER the new battery and new tires, not before. I would be far more inclined to try and private sell below market value (say $6.5K) and find a replacement. :-/

Just venting.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us