The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/im-staying-out-of-this-except-for-pointing-out-30471960.aspx

Subject:  Re: Abortion Date:  1/7/2013  5:51 PM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  665014 of 882350

I'm staying out of this except for pointing out obvious fallacies )Those that believe abortion is wrong are not forced to have an abortion, or offering assistance those who have a crisis pregnancy. (Hi, LS <g>).

I enjoy abortion debates. I don't really have a dog in the fight, but the assumptions that libs bring to the table are pretty awe inspiring, and you know they always amuse me. No debate exposes the lack of any thought of a position than a liberal on abortion.

Don't get me wrong, I kind think it is a life, and that every life deserves a shot, but I am not all that dogmatic about it. I also don't really understand the distinction between a 2 week old and a minus 6 week old. Either of them dies pretty quick without a major support system. As far as self sufficiency? We could get rid of a lot of teens with that argument and really improve things.

I am very much pro-death, but I reserve it for those I do not see as innocent.

As far as the abortion debate, I wish we could just make a damn ruling of when life begins and be done with it. We could use a Magic 8 ball, we would be so much better off no matter who 'won'.

Sure one side or the other would be very unhappy, but at least it would no longer be a political issue and stop people from voting rationally on the problems that politicians can actually solve. Maybe we can get past who owes you protection for your sex too, depending on how that works out, heck I am not as good looking as I used to be, if my wife dumps me, I may have to worry about getting government to pay for hookers.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us