The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Insurance - Life, Car, Home,etc.

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-experienced-a-similar-incident-a-number-of-years-30502952.aspx

Subject:  Re: Is this auto accident worth reporting ? Date:  1/23/2013  11:59 PM
Author:  NoIDAtAll Number:  17712 of 18168

I experienced a similar incident a number of years ago. Were there any witnesses? Were the police called to complete a report?

In my instance, I slowed and signaled a left turn. The van behind me was tailing my car too close, late for a reception, he said. I released my brake and rolled forward, coming to a stop about 30 yards down the road. I got out of my, nothing special, old car, took a look at the little amount of damage and told the guy to forget it.

He wanted to call the police, and did. That concerned me, as I didn't want an unresolved accident on my record, by way of not being reimbursed by the party responsible - So, a friend who was and is a competent Civil Attorney filed a lawsuit on my behalf against him and I settled the property damage separately/directly with the other party's insurer, for $550 and ended up collecting a total of around $7,550, give or take $2... I really don't like idiots trying to make issues, when they are at fault, and I am willing to, and voiced a willingness to, just forget it.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us