The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: medical deduction question Date:  1/27/2013  11:06 AM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  117555 of 130963

We received and paid the bill for our part in January of 2013. Do we claim this on the taxes for 2012 or 2013?

2013, the year you paid it. Had you paid it with a credit card when the service was delivered in 2012 it would be a 2012 deduction regardless of when you paid the credit card bill.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us