The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Canadian Investing / Canada (General)

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/they-also-have-a-few-smaller-projects-coming-on-30517484.aspx

Subject:  Re: Electricity question? Date:  1/31/2013  12:00 PM
Author:  DrtThrwingMonkey Number:  63260 of 64723

They also have a few smaller projects coming on line at pulp and lumber mills.

These are small, not really in the same league as the big projects. For instance, in comparison to the Romaine's 1550 MW or Eastmain-1-A/Sarcelle/Rupert's 893 MW, you have things like Fortress Paper's cogen plants that will add up to 34 MW at Thurso, same thing with Tembec in Temiscaming, for up to 50 MW, and Fortress plans to expand the old cogen plant at Lebel-sur-Quevillon, also with up to 50 MW. HQ has announced other small cogen plants coming online from now to 2016, totalling 150 MW, no bigger than 50 MW each; I'm not certain if the Fortress and Tembec projects are already included in that 150 MW or not. They are very worthwhile, and contribute to making the ailing pulp and paper industry viable, but they don't add up to a lot for export purposes.

I imagine your power demand has dropped off the last few days. We're sitting with a high of -30 today with a brisk wind. Coldest winter in the last 17 yrs so far and only little over half done.

Yes, +10 today where I live and in much of the province, one extreme to another; regularly scheduled programming to resume tomorrow, with -10. Then we just need some more snow, although skiing will still be possible if the rain stops as scheduled.

dtm
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us