The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Health insurance rebate check Date:  2/11/2013  11:11 AM
Author:  holhealthprac Number:  117719 of 129270

I am self-employed and deduct my health insurance premiums (line 29, Form 1040). Last year I received a health insurance premium rebate check. I know this is to be treated as income for this past year, but I am not sure where to put this on my 2012 tax forms. Is it "Other income" Line 6 on Schedule C? I know a tax preparer who is simply subtracting the amount of the rebate check from the 2012 premiums paid. Is that OK?

I am using TurboTax and there was no explicit guidance about this. Other TurboTax users have posted this question, but I haven't seen it answered.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us