The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Tax Implications of "Rollover" Date:  2/11/2013  12:10 PM
Author:  RoadScholar5 Number:  117721 of 130019

A friend is seeking to rollover the proceeds of his "401k-like" account in the foreign country where he used to work. The account balance is obviously held in the foreign currency.

I have advised him to call Vanguard (or similar) for their assistance in setting this up.

Additionally, are their recommended Tax Pubs that may cover this issue? It is completely new to me.

Thanks, RS
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us