The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Gross Proceeds (1099-B) help Date:  2/13/2013  10:01 PM
Author:  nml Number:  117752 of 131229

Hey All,

For the first time ever I completed (well, thought I had completed) my returns early and HAVE efiled... yesterday.

Today, I get a notice from a brokerage that my tax records were ready.. I know I hadn't traded in that brokerage in several years, but looked anyway...

Seems that I have a $55 profit from a 1099-B: Proceeds from Broker & Barter Exchange Transactions..

Apparently in July of 2012 I received the Duke Energy proceeds from a sell/merger or something with Spectra Energies... I'm not really sure what happened, but I need to figure out how to report or amend my return...I don't want to pay penalties and/or fines on a $55 mistake...

So, Now that I have a 1099-B form that I didn't file, what do I do????

I don't know if it matters, but I'm carrying over (for the past 8-10 years) a relatively large loss... since I don't trade in taxable accounts anymore, I've been taking the $3000 yearly deduction...I still have 24K carry over...

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated..

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us