The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Global Gains / GGS: Yongye International

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-guess-is-that-since-nothing-has-been-announced-30564214.aspx

Subject:  Re: Deal Timing Date:  2/27/2013  9:31 AM
Author:  mekong22 Number:  3595 of 4235

My guess is that since nothing has been announced yet, and since we're two weeks away from Q4 earnings, that they are unlikely to announce an agreement prior to that time. I would also be surprised if they announced an accepted deal on the same day they release Q4 too as that would just seem unusual to me, albeit not impossible.

Either way, even if they came to an agreement in the next couple of weeks, they might have a tough time closing the deal and finishing the process of delisting before they have to announce Q1 earnings in May.

I'm hopeful that the fact that this process has taken a little longer than some expected is a good sign that the special committee wasn't interested in rubber stamping the first lowball offer and we'll wind up getting something more reasonable for our shares, but only time will tell.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us