The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Tax strategies for high W2 earners? Date:  3/2/2013  10:47 PM
Author:  JAFO31 Number:  117946 of 128041


<<<If you have children, consider 529 college plans. There's no current Federal tax benefit, but some states give a deduction, and growth is tax-free at all levels if the money is used for qualified expenses.>>>

"after seeing how those plans work I would recommend a IRA for each kid. that is more flexible and then you are not forced to pick funds of funds."

Most kids do not have the income to support an IRA contribution.

Not all 529 plans are funds of funds, IIRC.

Regards, JAFO
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us