The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Private Activity Bond Interest and partnership Date:  3/5/2013  9:31 AM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  117962 of 130713

I have a partnership which received some tax-exempt dividends which derive from Private Activity bonds. This income is taxable under AMT rules.

My question is where do I report this on the 1065 and associated K-1s? I would have expected it to go on either Line 17 or Line 20 with an appropriate code, but I can't find one in the instructions. I can't imagine that PAB interest is "ignored" if it passes through a partnership.

What am I missing?

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us