The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Running Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/so-rnr-half-is-an-ok-race-if-you-follow-them-on-30584762.aspx

Subject:  Re: Yay? Date:  3/11/2013  4:06 PM
Author:  navy58 Number:  23415 of 23948

So, RNR half is an OK race, if you follow them on FB you can usually get a $13 discount on the 13th of any given month. LUCKY13 is the discount code.

It is pretty well run, and they've changed the layout/course so you're not running the last 2 miles with the sun pounding down you on the boardwalk - just one mile in the pounding sun. And the finish area used to be a huge bottleneck, they've improved that a lot over the years too.

It is historically a hot miserable day. There have only been two really nice years -2003 (I didn't run due to work) and 2006 (my course PR) I have run it 11 of the 12 years it's been alive, and have only gone under 2:00 three times. Last year I ran a 1:37 at Shamrock and a 2:05 at Rock and Roll. I just don't run well in the heat.

If you had the chance, get back some year for Shamrock - well run, cooler temps, better beer at the post-race party. Half usually sells out by Christmas so register early.

Cheers, Kevin
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us