The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Fools and Their Money


Subject:  Re: Alternatives to Selling Home Date:  3/15/2013  8:22 PM
Author:  pauleckler Number:  15288 of 15438

Where will your father live if he sells the house? Are there affordable senior apartments in his area?

In this area some of the nicer independent living facilities offer HUD housing. They are smallish efficiency apartments, but HUD makes them available for a rate based on your income. That makes it possible to afford them on Social Security income. There is a waiting list, but many find them attractive and practical. Meals and housekeeping provided. Plus activities and social interactions with other people.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us