The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Crafty Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-just-checked-out-quot1000-clever-sewing-30593941.aspx

Subject:  Re: marking cream quilt top Date:  3/17/2013  12:39 PM
Author:  stellla Number:  7298 of 7361

I just checked out "1,000 Clever Sewing Shortcuts & Tips" from the library. I haven't tried any of these, but one or more might help you.

- If you need to transfer long, straight lines from your pattern to your project pieces, use masking tape. First, fold the pattern along the marking line and position the pattern on the project piece. Then align the tape with the fabric, next to the pattern fold. Mark the tape to indicate which edge is the reference so you don't forget after the pattern has been removed. When you sew, be careful not to stitch the masking tape!

Personally, I'd use painters tape instead of masking tape.

- Use Tide to Go stain remover pen to remove marks made by fabric marking pens. Do before pressing, because the markings can become permanent. If the marks reappear when you add steam, go over them again with the TTG pen.

- I was having trouble removing tailor's chalk from a sand-washed fabric until I rubbed it with a leftover piece of heavy flannel. The chalk was gone after a few strokes.

Hope one of these helps.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us