The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Paid dividends on Short Sale Stock Date:  3/25/2013  4:05 PM
Author:  Kopek Number:  118150 of 131363

Like many other members, I sold short SPY and SNE. I held these short positions long enough to have paid the dividends. The "short charges" are noted in the 1099-B information section, but I do not think that they were added in to the cost of the stocks. First, are these charges deductible and second, if so, where do I enter them in the forms. I am using Turbo Tax and cannot find any information or suggestions from their site. Thanks all for your help.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us