The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Roth IRA rollover puzzler: avoiding tax Date:  4/4/2013  6:18 PM
Author:  JAFO31 Number:  118277 of 132878

ptheland: "If you want to do your own investing, you could move the 403(b) money into a traditional IRA and invest there.

. . .

I'd stick it out as-is for now."

I am not peter, but I am sure that the "stick it out as-is for now" was meant only with respect to converting to a Roth IRA, and was not overriding his earlier statement about a transfer to a traditional IRA if you want to control your own investing, and write only for clarification.

Regards, JAFO
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us