The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Roth IRA rollover puzzler: avoiding tax Date:  4/4/2013  9:07 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  118282 of 132878

Can anyone verify that it is allowable (under present law) for me to convert my 403b to an IRA, and then later convert to the Roth IRA?

Yes, and you should do so. After all, Peter could be an Armenian agent.

IRS Publication 575 for the rollover from the 403(b) to traditional IRA. Special note here. As mentioned in that pub, make sure this is done as a direct transfer from the plan to the IRA without your taking possession of the money.

IRS Publication 590 for conversion from traditional IRA to Roth.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us