The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: gift tax Date:  6/9/2013  3:23 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  118664 of 132878

Is there a way for a mother to give one of her sons $30K in one year without paying gift tax?

Above $14,000 from one person to one person a gift tax return would be required, but that doesn't necessarily mean that gift tax would be due. See the explanation of the unified credit in the 709 instructions.

I really recommend hiring advice when one gets into estate/gift tax territory.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us