The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/when-you-say-quotsupplemental-insurancequot-30757288.aspx

Subject:  Re: Medicare Part D Question Date:  7/1/2013  8:40 AM
Author:  ResN Number:  18447 of 21297

When you say "supplemental insurance," are you referring to something provided by your current or former employer, or are you referring to a Medigap or Medicare Advantage Plan? If you have supplemental via your employer or retirement plan, then I think they pushed the coverage over to Medicare Part D. They also probably have you in a Medigap Plan, not your former insurance, even though they might pay it. It's all confusing to me. I've always had a private individual policy that I paid for, due to being self-employed. When I went on Medicare, I saved a bundle. I got Medigap policy, plus a drug plan. I too will reach the hole before the end of the year, but hopefully it won't be until very close to the end. I'm on all generic meds, but I have to take a lot of different meds due to a complicated and somewhat very bad heart problem. Anyway, good luck.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us