The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Cars and Drivers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-fail-to-understand-how-anyone-could-ever-support-30764121.aspx

Subject:  Re: California gas price increase Date:  7/6/2013  4:35 AM
Author:  wecoguy Number:  11562 of 11881

I fail to understand how anyone could ever support any oil company.. over and over we see their shenanigans, lies, double dealing, ducking and dodging spills, cleanups, all the while overpaying the loser CEOs, in spite of major spills, failures on their watch.. Lobbying, they have it mastered..

So in the end we can only choose the lesser of evils as we go do our dealing... A friend's family has owned his own station for decades, so we'll buy there,if we are not near Costco...

It's a shady business, run by shady folks, they sit on leases to keep smaller drillers out, yet want more... Just plain greed... Look at the fight to stop electric vehicles sales, teaming up with auto dealership organizations to stop you or I from buying direct from the manufacturer... What other product is so tightly controlled? Buy a Tesla, be done with 'em!

We should be paying more attention on how our CA road taxes are spent, make the most of it here in CA...

weco
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us