The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/no-you-seem-to-have-placed-monumental-importance-30805423.aspx

Subject:  Re: Finally refinanced Date:  8/1/2013  10:58 AM
Author:  2gifts Number:  125871 of 128947

No, you seem to have placed monumental importance on a middle initial, which ate through two weeks of processing time.

I'm not the OP, but for legal paperwork, I will admit that I am really particular that my name actually be the one that's on there, and having a different middle initial or a misspelled last name or a different first name is someone other than me.

I can see lots of problems that having the wrong initial or name on the paperwork can cause. Just imagine that someone with PSU's name and the incorrect middle initial has a horrible credit rating or an outstanding arrest warrant, and they suddenly decide that since he executed that incorrect mortgage paperwork, then they must be the same person.

People spend inordinate amounts of time getting credit reports corrected when records get commingled, so I cannot imagine signing something that is knowingly incorrect and possibly contributing to such problems.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us