The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/im-not-the-op-but-for-legal-paperwork-i-will-30805590.aspx

Subject:  Re: Finally refinanced Date:  8/1/2013  12:16 PM
Author:  reallyalldone Number:  125874 of 129376

I'm not the OP, but for legal paperwork, I will admit that I am really particular that my name actually be the one that's on there, and having a different middle initial or a misspelled last name or a different first name is someone other than me.

I am right there with you and PSU. I know none of us are named Smith or something even remotely common but my husband's middle initial was that same as his father's but his middle name was not so that added to all of it. I had businesses assign me an incorrect last name based on the fact I was married.

People spend inordinate amounts of time getting credit reports corrected when records get commingled, so I cannot imagine signing something that is knowingly incorrect and possibly contributing to such problems.

Amen. On that form that lists all the possible aliases, I usually add a statement saying I have never used any listed that I initial.

And I read every word of every page before signing and initialing - no matter how long it takes.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us