The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/roth-401k-brokers-that-allow-individual-stocks-30815090.aspx

Subject:  Roth 401K-brokers that allow individual stocks Date:  8/7/2013  3:08 PM
Author:  ramair4 Number:  25090 of 26356

I have a Roth IRA at Sharebuilder with individual stocks that I selected. I recently saw that there is a Roth 401K. I would like to contribute more than the $6,500 that is allowed per year. Sharebuilder will only let me have funds like ETF's with a Roth 401K. I only want individual stocks that I select. Had a no yield, or less, 12 year long experience with Ed Jones/Putnam so now I'm taking over the investing. I couldn't do any worse than they did. To make a short story long, my wife and I are self employed and work together. No employees. Is there a broker that will allow me to get a Roth 401K and buy the stocks I want? I think there is an income limit rule on this too but I don't know if that is the gross income of the company, after all deductions or what. I'm reading conflicting stories.
...or is there a better place to my money? Both of us are over 50 and just really starting to save for retirement. The accounts at Ed Jones only totaled about $8,000 so we are way behind.
Any help is much appreciated.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us