The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/we-are-a-stereotypical-mom-and-pop-company-all-30819648.aspx

Subject:  Re: Roth 401K-brokers that allow individual stoc Date:  8/10/2013  7:15 AM
Author:  ramair4 Number:  25101 of 26385

We are a stereotypical mom and pop company. All incoming money goes into one checking account. We don't actually get paychecks. We could but that seems like an unnecessary formality. I try to keep as much money in the checking account at all times as possible. There isn't any back up income anywhere if unexpected expenses arise. Contract workers, materials, designer commissions, utilities, mortgage, etc.. all comes from that account. In other words, our salaries are in that account. It would be the same as if we wrote ourselves paychecks and deposited back into the account, to reinvest in the company. The money that came from that account to deposit in our Roths would be considered some of our salaries. So far, I have put $4,000 in my Roth and $1,000 in my wife's Roth from that account. The IRA transfers contained contributions that were mad long ago. Since me and my wife do the majority of the hands on work there is very little time for accounting/clerical type duties.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us