The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/credit-score-it-went-where-30838114.aspx

Subject:  credit score - it went where? Date:  8/22/2013  5:28 PM
Author:  LadyIanna Number:  307223 of 312824

Hi guys -

Long time no see!

Got a question? I just today got my quarterly update from Identity Guard of my credit scores and reports.

Two of my scores went down, the other went up. I haven't a clue why...

Date ---- Equifax ...Experian ...Transunion
May 2013 ...675 .....654 ........656
Aug 2013 ...651 .....645 ........686

When I got my reports in May I noticed there was a debt that was listed with two different collection companies on two of the three reports.
I contacted them to have them correct it. Unfortunately I don't remember off hand which two I contacted. (I could find it if I did some researching on my computer.)

What I don't understand is why two of the scores went down and the other one went up by 30 points. Other than this error, there was nothing else changed.

I have no job and am making no payments on any debt. I only have one Firestone credit card with no balance, and student loans as open credit. (student loan payment is $0 per income contingent repayment.)

Anyone have any ideas? I thought the score might go up a point or two if I got the second collection off my report. Obviously, I was wrong.

Per Identity Guard nothing has changed on my reports..

any thoughts?
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us