The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Non-Resident State Tax Reporting for LP Members Date:  8/29/2013  10:06 AM
Author:  mectecinc Number:  119097 of 130955

In the past, non-resident members of Pennsylvania partnerships could "elect" to participate in the partnership's Non-Resident Consolidated Pennsylvania State Return. In this manner, the electing members were relieved from filing a non-resident return with the state of Pennsylvania.

As a general rule, do other states offer this option to their non-resident partnership members? And if so, do the publicly traded partnerships etc. offer this avenue as an option to their members with a similar non-resident state tax status? This would seem to simplify the non-resident state tax reporting requirements imposed by holding a publicly trade partnership.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us