The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Paying For College


Subject:  Re: funding grandchild's college Date:  9/5/2013  12:35 PM
Author:  foo1bar Number:  8075 of 8536

I call B.S.! Show up where?
It looks like it should be reported as untaxed income on the FAFSA. (section "Giving directly to the college")

Gifts are not income.
From income tax perspective - yes.
From FAFSA perspective, maybe it is counted as income.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us