The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/msybe-talk-radios-losing-listeners-coz-the-angry-30905351.aspx

Subject:  Re: Radio Talk Show Trends Date:  10/3/2013  7:15 PM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  52430 of 125071

Msybe talk radio's losing listeners coz the angry ole men who tune in are dying off.

I can listen to public radio, but not ranting when I drive... All Things Considered, Terry Gross, the late great Car Talk and Prairie Home Companion. And sometimes music. I turn it off if there's nothing pleasing or if I'm driving unfamiliar territory.

Speaking of tuning in, we put up our RV antenna last evening in Albuquerque and received 20 stations, mostly religious or Spanish or both. But PBS came in beautifully. we watched a nature show from the series about birds--incredible photography. Tonight there's Mystery, a repeat of the made-for-TV David Suchet Poirot, Murder on the Orient Express. Not as good as the movie w/Albert Finney as I recall, but we'll most likely tune in if the batteries hold out (we're dry camped with no electrical or any other hookup, but we had so much sunshine on our solar panels today that the hubster plugged his 27" iMac, which draws 380 watts, into our 400 watt inverter and worked on some pictures he took here.

PS--I'm getting ooolllddd. I called the inverter the introvert twice today. It pains me to think my brain is so prosaic as to use an alphabetical rather than sense-based filing system!
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us