The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: electric car charger credit Date:  11/11/2013  12:12 PM
Author:  foo1bar Number:  119482 of 131230

Finally found a good source - it is form 8911.

From what I can tell it doesn't apply for AMT, so if close to hitting AMT, that limits the credit.
But no direct income limits on it.

I don't see any details about what should/shouldn't be considered part of the cost. So I think the needed wiring upgrades would be OK to include. Which would be nice, since they need to happen for other reasons. (I need to get rid of that federal pacific panel, since it's a fire hazard)
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us