The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Paying For College


Subject:  Moved from NY to NJ Date:  11/13/2013  9:53 AM
Author:  kmart00 Number:  8094 of 8536

Hi everyone!

Was wondering if anyone had advice on this:

We just moved from NY to NJ and now I am wondering whether to keep funding DD's NYS 529 or open a NJ 529 (possibly roll over the NYS?)

From what I remember when I set up the NYS one, I was able to deduct contributions from my state tax return. Now that I live out of state, I dont think that is the case any more.

I dont believe NJ allows you to deduct anything at all.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us