The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quoteven-if-youre-one-of-the-young-invincibles-30987681.aspx

Subject:  Re: A Theory On Retirement Life Date:  11/21/2013  8:19 PM
Author:  telegraph Number:  18803 of 21053

"Even if you’re one of the young invincibles, healthy people under the age of 30, bad things can still happen. What if you sliced your hand wide open when a wine glass broke as you were washing it? Stitches in an emergency room can be very expensive. What if you tripped over the cat while walking down stairs? A broken ankle can’t usually wait for treatment and might even require surgery."

Well, with a typical ObamaKare policy on the health exchange....

you'd have $2500 or $3000 or $5000 deductible....for a single..if you have a family policy...good golly...the deductible is $6500 or more.....

plus you get to pay hundreds and hundreds a month.....

So....if your broken ankle costs you $8000, you pay for most of it, plus you'd payed in maybe $8000 in premiums during the year.....or maybe $16,000 out of pocket.

Such a deal!

Yeah...you're covered..

Duh!

I broke my wrist 3 years ago...slipped on the ice.....went to doc...x-rayed it....said broke...sent me to the bone break doc....xrayed it....sure enough, broken wrist....but didn't need surgery...... total cost to me , ...since I had $2500 deductible.....duh! i didn't even go over my deductible...I paid for it all!....

And if you need stitches...try the emergency clinic...not the emergency room..... at 1/5th the price.....

but even there....those young invicibles will have $2500 or $5000 or higher policies (single/family)....and will pay most of it themselves!.....

i dunno what a broken ankle with surgery costs...couple thousand if done outpatient.....

ObamaKare insurance is really not very good and high priced...half the money they collect from the young is really for a subsidy for the weenies and elderly.

t.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us