The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-brokerage-was-even-sending-dad-mail-here-at-31012117.aspx

Subject:  Re: Inherited IRA Date:  12/9/2013  8:31 AM
Author:  2gifts Number:  119678 of 129771

The brokerage was even sending Dad mail here at my address, until I told them to stop. Our mailman was having fits over it, with the name being different from mine.

This is absurd, and your mailman needs to deal with it. At my house, we get mail for the 4 of us, even though DS moved out in June, but we also get mail for FIL (who has been deceased for 2 years) and DH's 2 aunts (who have both been deceased for longer than that), and only FIL has the same last name as us while the aunts have 2 different names. We also get mail for the investment club and the quilt guild because I am treasurer for both.

Once in a while, the letter carrier will put a question mark on the envelope, but as long as I'm not calling the Post Office or sending the mail back, they deliver it to the address on the envelope, and that is correct.

Your letter carrier has no vote in who gets mail at your address. He just needs to be delivering anything that has your address on it regardless of the name.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us