The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/he-just-needs-to-be-delivering-anything-that-has-31012157.aspx

Subject:  Re: Inherited IRA Date:  12/9/2013  9:14 AM
Author:  inparadise Number:  119679 of 129779

He just needs to be delivering anything that has your address on it regardless of the name.

This is off topic for this board, but frankly I appreciate that our mailman uses his brain and takes pride in his work. We STILL get mail here from the previous owners, from whom we bought the house a decade ago, and I am not talking junk mail. The only time we have to deal with that is when our mail carrier is on vacation and someone else takes over. He drives packages and large amounts of mail right up to the door and even rings the bell to let me know it is there. Nice contrast to some FEDEX/UPS drivers who have simply dropped large expensive packages at the bottom of the driveway, or don't even bother to ring the bell after leaving a package in the evening which then was ruined by freezing temps.

He has bent over backwards to do a good job for this neighborhood, so yes, I am invested in keeping him happy. I realize in this day and age his behavior is unusual, but it is very welcomed in our neighborhood.

IP
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us