The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: How Far Back to Correct Return? Date:  12/19/2013  2:20 PM
Author:  JLC Number:  119729 of 127987

By chance, is the decrease in FICA withholding equal to the check you just received?


If not, then yes, by all means, talk to your CPA, which is a good idea in any case.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) my tax return is complicated enough that I use a CPA all the time. So its not like I'm hiring one just for this. So I may or may not be making a trip to the attic to find old records.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us