The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Crafty Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/im-looking-at-the-handiquilter-sweet-16-which-31039026.aspx

Subject:  Re: Any long-arm quilters out there? Date:  12/27/2013  9:27 AM
Author:  legalwordwarrior Number:  7310 of 7388

I'm looking at the Handiquilter Sweet 16, which I'm guessing might be what you consider a mid-arm? That's got a 16" throat area, and you move the work under the machine, just like I do on my sewing machine.

One of my friends has started a business putting together the quilt tops and then having another of her friends do the quilting on a mid-arm. Possibly the same brand, but I'm not sure. The one she uses is fantastic! She did a quilt for my granddaughter in bright, pink/blue/green/yellow and white hippy-looking flowered material. They used the quilting machine to stitch in words like "peace" and "love" and also some flower-shaped stitching and some hands making peace signs.

If you want to check out her offerings, she's on Etsy and FB as Hippy Cheek.

If I could afford to get a quilting machine, I would do it. As it is, I just gave DD#1 my old Kenmore and now I'm in the market for a simple machine to make a few crafty things as well as basic sewing.

LWW
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us