The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Soc Sec "file & suspend"? Date:  12/31/2013  7:38 PM
Author:  intercst Number:  74034 of 94561

MisterFungi asks,

If I'm understanding it correctly, both wife and I have to be of full retirement age (66, for us) in order to do the "file and suspend" thing.

The younger spouse collecting on the high earning spouse's record only needs to be 62 to get a reduced benefit.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us