The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Soc Sec "file & suspend"? Date:  12/31/2013  8:03 PM
Author:  MisterFungi Number:  74036 of 94927

The younger spouse collecting on the high earning spouse's record only needs to be 62 to get a reduced benefit.

That's what I thought. But the example appeared (to me) to indicate otherwise. I am definitely going to look into this!

If, in fact, we can do this (once I turn 66), isn't it "free" money? Is there any reason not to do it, as long as I don't have a need to start receiving my benefits ... particularly since this loophole may be closed sometime soon?
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us